The Transportation Research Forum (TRF) – St. Louis Chapter and the UMSL College of Business – Center for Transportation Studies is looking for outstanding student papers on current transportation issues.
Papers must be written by a single author, who is a currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student in the Greater St. Louis Area.
- Papers should provide contribution to the transportation industry, and be timely, interesting and important.
- Papers should include an introduction that thoroughly discusses the issue being addressed and demonstrates a good understanding of the topic.
- Papers must include a conclusion that contains managerial implications and recommendations.
- Papers are to be 10 to 15 pages in length (appx. 2500-4000 words) and include a 150 to 250 word abstract.
- Papers are to be double-spaced, with one-inch margins, 12 point type, Arial or Calibri font, and follow APA or Chicago style formatting.
- The title page should be a separate document and include the paper title, student’s name and email address.
- External sources must be used as support, and a minimum of five sources is required.
- Papers must be submitted by May 4th 2018 and winners will be announced on May 11th 2018.
The St. Louis TRF Board will evaluate papers based on a blind review.
- First Place – $500.00, student membership to TRF and an award certificate
- Runners-up (5) – $100.00, of which $20 will be applied to a student membership to TRF, and an award certificate