The Transportation Research Forum (TRF) Foundation is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of the District of Columbia.
Your contribution supports:
- Reduced registration fees for students to attend the TRF National Annual Forum, so they may learn, network, and grow. Making it a worthwhile investment in their education and future careers in the transportation and logistics industries.
- Sponsoring awards to recognize and encourage high-quality research papers and presentation at the TRF National Annual Forum. High-quality content improves the value of the Annual Forum to attendees and encourages greater participation.
- Sponsoring events and expansion of activities by TRF regional chapters. Regional chapters are the heart of TRF and distinguish TRF from other professional organizations. More vibrant regional chapters increase the visibility of TRF.
- See money grants to establish new TRF regional chapters. The value of TRF membership is enhanced by access to local programming and activities.
We will work with donors interested in developing specific ideas for additional activities and for structuring restricted gifts consistent with our mission of “achieving improved, more efficient, and more economical transportation and logistics in the United States and abroad by promoting and conducting educational and scientific exchange and interaction among researchers and others.”
Ways you can help:
- Annual giving to the general fund. Donate now using PayPal.
- Unrestricted gifts
- Restricted gifts for a specific purpose
- Unrestricted or restricted endowments
- Take advantage of our non-profit status with gifts of appreciated stocks and other securities
- Planned giving and legacies
- Gifts in your honor from friends and family
Prospective donors can discuss their goals with the President or another TRF Foundation board of directors member to maximize their contribution’s value and discuss arrangements for legacies or a restricted gift. Contact us at: [email protected].
Donations are federally tax-exempt as limited by law. Potential donors are advised to discuss the tax implications with a tax professional.
Financial Support Policy
Organizations delivering programs that align with the TRF Foundation’s purpose are invited to submit requests for financial support. These organizations include, but are not limited to, the TRF national council, organizers of the TRF annual forum, and TRF Chapters.
The TRF Foundation by-laws define our purpose as achieving improved, more efficient, and more economical transportation and logistics in the United States and abroad by promoting and conducting educational and scientific exchange and interaction among researchers and others.
Examples of requests that will be entertained include, but are not limited to:
- Travel expenses for speakers,
- Room hire and audio-visual expenses for graduate student paper or poster sessions,
- Room hire and audio-visual expenses for special panel sessions, and
- Prizes for outstanding papers.
The Foundation does not cover the cost of food or alcohol.
As a tax-exempt organization, the TRF Foundation is prohibited from supporting political candidates, or supporting speakers and events of a partisan nature.
Requests must be submitted no fewer than 30 days prior to events, although it is recommended that requests be made as far in advance as possible. Requests must include a line item budget and justification for each item. The Foundation may request additional information prior to making its decision.
Payment will only be made after the event has occurred, on receipt of a detailed invoice that includes supporting materials showing actual expenses incurred. Payment will not exceed the preauthorized spending limit.